Pioneering food company, Wessanen UK, has been announced as a finalist at the Better Society Awards, which celebrates the efforts that commercial organisations make to…Read More
At Wessanen, we believe how we work is just as important as what we make and sell.
We take a natural approach to business, which means we’re open, honest, fair and responsible – with everyone we work with.
And we’re pioneers at heart – always exploring ways we can improve our products, our people and our processes.
These are the 6 values we live by:
• Give and gain recognition and reward for initiative and excellence
• Feel inspired and energised by our work, our colleagues and our workplace
• Be respectful of each other and our impact on the environment
• Make healthy food more interesting and accessible for everyone
• Embrace the use of clean ingredients from nutritious and ethical sources
• Be ‘game-changing’ in the way we make our products and market our brands
• Respond to customer needs with care and integrity
• Be highly professional in all dealings with customers
• Add value across categories with our must-stock brands
• Build close, collaborative relationships with suppliers
• Be a respected and trusted business partner to suppliers
• Gain best service and value by being an exemplary customer
• Constantly track and tap into new trends in cooking, nutrition and flavour
• Learn from others through information exchange and partnerships
• Explore new concepts through open idea generation
• Challenge ourselves to go that bit further in everything we do
• Be curious about change, and open to alternatives
• Question, listen and share ideas through constructive discussion
Our brand partners
Fairtrade Foundation supports the development of thriving farming and worker communities. It stands for better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers. Products with the Fairtrade Mark contain ingredients that have been produced by small-scale farmer organisations or plantations that meet Fairtrade social, economic and environmental standards. We’re proud that Clipper was the UK’s first Fairtrade tea company and continues to be committed to sustainable sourcing and best practice.
International Tree Foundation (ITF)
International Tree Foundation works with communities in Africa and the UK to carry out sustainable community forestry projects which protect, regenerate and cultivate trees and forests to conserve habitats rich in biodiversity and enhance human and environmental well-being. We support the International Tree Foundation’s great work and are helping with their 20 million trees appeal – a programme that aims to plant 20 million trees in Kenya's highland forests by 2024.
Formed in 1946, The Soil Association is the UK’s leading membership charity campaigning for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use to create a better world – one where people farm responsibly, eat healthily and live in balance with the environment. We work closely with the Soil Association to ensure we comply with the organic principles and practices it champions, to secure the health and vitality of people, farm animals and nature.
We are very proud to be certified as a CarbonNeutral® company. To ensure we have a minimal impact on the environment whilst developing and selling our products, we monitor our carbon footprint (also known as greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions) and track our progress against our reduction targets each year. We offset our unavoidable carbon emissions by purchasing high quality carbon credits to achieve our carbon neutral goal. Through our purchase of carbon credits, we are supporting low carbon sustainable development and renewable energy projects in countries where we source our key raw materials.
Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
Since 2004, the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) has been working to transform the palm oil industry in collaboration with the global supply chain, to put it on a sustainable path. Its vision is to change perceptions and make sustainable palm oil ‘the norm’. Products that are certified by the RSPO, like our Whole Earth nut butters, abide to a specific criteria to improve the impact of palm oil cultivation on the environment and communities.
The Rainforest Alliance works to safeguard the health of forests and communities. It strives to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices, and consumer behaviour – delivering real, measurable benefits to forests, communities, and wildlife around the world. The Rainforest Alliance provides training and guidelines to farmers, foresters, and tourism entrepreneurs, so they can minimise their environmental impacts, while earning stable incomes.
A little over a year ago, three organisations were supported through the ‘Sustainable Community Forestry (SCF) Programme’ run by the International Tree Foundation. Since then…Read More